Organizers: Croatian Society for Sport History, Croatian Olympic Academy, and Split Sports Association
Academic Partners: University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology and University of Split Faculty of Kinesiology
Partners: Croatian Olympic Committee, Split-Dalmatia County, City of Split, and Tourist Board Split
Congress Venue: Radisson Blu Resort, Split
Full Congress Information [download pdf]
- Sport and politics in Central and Eastern Europe
- History of Physical education
- Gender in Sport history
- Nationalism and internationalism in sport
- Big Sports events in historical (re)thinking
- Olympics and Olympic education
- Sports history and tourism
- Sport history and national identity
- Sport as a ‘big business’ in historical perspective
- Modern and post modern approaches to sports historiography
- Sport and socialism- modern views on past times
- Place and role of sports history in general historical thinking
- Open Papers
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite you to submit abstracts within the announced topic and subtopics of the Conference.
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
Any submitted paper or abstract will be internationally reviewed and evaluated in order to decide on its acceptance. Nevertheless, the submitting authors are responsible for the statements and views expressed in their works, as well as for the editing style and quality of language. The official language of the Congress is English. Only the accepted abstracts will be included in the Scientific Program and printed in the Book of Abstracts provided that the submitting author (the first author) has paid the fee.
All abstracts must fit within the allotted size requirement to be considered for review. The abstract must be 350 words or less including title, names of the author(s) and affiliation(s).
Editing guidelines: Print the title of the abstract in capital letters, centered; a single blank line follows, then come the full names of the author(s), separated by commas; introduce the last complete name by “and”. Underline the presenter. There should be no blank line-separation between author(s) and affiliation(s). Relate each author to the respective institution(s) by an identification number in the superscript. Institutions should be introduced by their identification number, the name of the institution, city, and country. Institutions should be separated by semicolons. The identification number is redundant if all the authors are affiliated with the same institution. A single blank line should separate the affiliation(s) from the abstract. Please, omit any university degrees and positions, titles, streets, etc.
Submitting abstracts: All abstracts should be submitted online via the 2015 Congress website.
Deadline for the abstract submission: April 1, 2015 DEADLINE EXTENDED: MAY 15, 2015
Notification of abstract acceptance: April 15, 2015 NEW DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2015
Deadline for the early online registration: May 1, 2015 NEW DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2015
CONGRESS FEES AND DATES
Before June 15, 2015
After June 15, 2015
The Congress fee includes:
- Abstract published in the Book of Abstracts
- Admission to all sessions and other events included in the Scientific Program
- Congress material (Bag, Program, Book of Abstracts, CD, Certificate of Attendance)
- All coffee breaks
- Lunches on August 19, 20, and 21
- Opening reception
- Farewell dinner
- Split sightseeing tour
Abstract submission opening
February 1, 2015
Abstract submission closing
April 1, 2015
Authors to be notified
April 15, 2015
Registration and Congress fee payment
May 1, 2015
Conference website: http://www.ishpes2015.com/