ISHPES 2022 – OslO
We now welcome abstracts for the ISHPES 2022 conference!
Scholars are also welcomed to suggest sessions including three abstracts related to the main topic “Sport and History: Continuity and Change”.
Scholars are invited to submit individual abstracts focused upon one of the following subtopics:
- Politics, National Identities and Diplomacy in Sports
- Environmental Legacy in Paralympics, Olympics and Other Mega Events
- Sport, Technology and Innovation
- Sports in Media and Popular Culture
- Genders, Disabilities and Diversity in Sport
- Sporting Bodies
- Teaching and Methodology in Sport History
- Open Papers
An individual submission consists of a 20-minutes oral presentation, followed by a discussion. The official language of the congress is English. A person can only present one paper as first author. Presenters should be ISHPES members (if you are not a member yet, please fill out the membership form online).
- Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers and email addresses.
- The paper’s title followed by a 350 words (maximum) abstract of the proposed paper.
- The abstract should include the question(s) addressed in the paper, the evidence to be used, a precise statement of the argument and conclusions, and what significance the paper has to our understanding of sports history. You do not need any keywords or a reference list.
- Please specify also to what sub-theme your abstract is related, this helps adding it to a session with similar papers.
Scholars are invited to suggest sessions including three abstracts related to the main topic “Sport and History: Continuity and Change”.
Please make sure your submission includes the following points:
- An abstract describing the session
- Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses for the session organizer/moderator
- The title and abstract for each paper
Abstract submission: January 15th 2022
Acceptance notification: End of February
Abstracts and sessions must be submitted on https://www.conftool.net/2022-ishpes-conference/
Gigliola Gori Award : Full papers must be submitted before April 1st 2022
Gigliola Gori JUNIOR SCHOLAR award
The prize is awarded for an unpublished essay of outstanding quality in the field of sport history, written by a PhD Student (or having defended their thesis less than a year before the date of the conference). The award winner will receive 500€ (five hundred euros) and free registration at the Congress and a year’s membership to ISHPES. His/her paper will be considered for publication in the International Journal of the History of Sport. Essays must be submitted to Malcolm MacLean, Chair of the Awards Committee, by email no later than April 1, 2022: email@example.com. More information: https://www.ishpes.org/early-scholar-award-winners