19th ISHPES CONGRESS
July 18-21, 2018 in Münster, Germany
Sport for All – History of a Vision Around the World
Call for abstracts [pdf version]
More information can be found on the ISHPES Congress page.
Institute of Sports Science, Department of Sport History and Physical Education, University of Münster
TAFISA | Dvs-Sektion Sportgeschichte | Willibald-Gebhardt-Institut (WGI), Olympic Study Centre (Münster) | Institut für Sportgeschichte Baden-Württemberg e.V. | Niedersächsisches Institut für Sportgeschichte (NISH) | Sportmuseum Berlin | Zentrum Deutsche Sportgeschichte Berlin | Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Sportmuseen, Sportarchive und Sportsammlungen (DAGS) | Deutsches Sport- und Olympiamuseum Köln | Archäologisches Museum der Universität Münster | Deutsche Olympische Akademie (DOA)
Congress topic and subtopics
Scholars are invited to submit sessions including three abstracts related to the main topic "Sport for All – History of a Vision Around the World", or individual abstracts on a subtopic.
- “Sport for all” on various continents, in various regions and nations
- Sports, physical cultures, and physical education in time and space
- Aspects of integration, inclusion and segregation in sports and physical cultures (including disability and sports)
- Sports, movement cultures, and health around the world
- New approaches to Olympic history
- Historical approaches to mega- events in sports
- Gender diversity in various physical culture and sports
- Religious impacts on physical culture and sports globally
- Sports, industrialization, technology, and social diversity (including workers’ sports)
- Open paper
Guidelines for abstract submission
1. Abstract submission is exclusively online via the ISHPES Conference Submission Page.
2. The online form will invite you to inform the following points :
A. Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses.
B. The paper’s title followed by a 350 words (maximum) abstract of the proposed paper. The abstract should include the question(s) addressed in the paper, the evidence to be used, a precise statement of the argument and conclusions, and what significance the paper has to our understanding of sports history.
C. Please specify also to what sub-theme your abstract is related.
The official language of the congress is English.
Presenters need to be an ISHPES member to present a paper, and a person can only present one paper as first author. Join ISHPES now.
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
Abstract submission opening: December 15, 2017
Abstract submission closing: February 15, 2018 DEADLINE EXTENDED: MARCH 15, 2018
Authors to be notified: March 15, 2018 APRIL 1, 2018
2018 Congress Scientific committee
Annette R. Hofmann (chair) (Ludwigsburg University of Education, Germany)
Michael Krüger (Münster University, Germany)
Kai Reinhart, (Münster University, Germany)
Emanuel Hübner (Münster University, Germany)
Marcel Reinold (Münster University, Germany)
Sandra Heck (Independent Scholar, Germany)
Patricia Vertinsky (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Malcolm McLean (University of Gloucestershire, Great Britain)
Gerald Gems (North Central College, USA)
Rudolf Müllner (University of Vienna, Austria)
Tomaž Pavlin (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Pierre-Olaf Schut (University Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, France)
Keiko Ikeda (Hokkaido University, Japan)
Francois Cleophas (Stellenbosch University, South Africa)